This 2014 – 2021 accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Ontario Regulation 429/07: Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. has developed policies and procedures to comply with Ontario Regulation 429/07: Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) HS-027: Accessible Customer Service Policy and Procedures was established in 2012. Training on this SOP with all employees was completed in 2012, and new employees receive training on this SOP as part of their new employee orientation.
Feedback processes were developed in 2012. Feedback is available by telephone, email, and comment card, as per Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. SOP HS-027.
Ontario Regulation 191/11: Integrated Accessibility Standards
Establish, maintain, and document a multi-year accessibility plan
This document was established and posted on the Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. website in 2014. It will be reviewed and updated every 5 years.
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. will provide training to employees on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of the employees.
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessibility laws by January 1, 2015:
- Mandatory training sessions will be held for all current staff
- Mandatory training for new staff as part of the new employee orientation process.
2. Information and Communication Standards
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Accessible Emergency Information
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. is committed to providing employees and visitors with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Publicly Available Information
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. will take the following steps to make sure all publicly available information is made accessible by January 1, 2016:
- Ensure that publicly available information will be made available upon request.
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. will take the following steps to make all new websites and content on those sites conform with WCAG 2.0, Level A by July 1, 2016:
- Local content being developed will conform with WCAG 2.0, Level A
- New content and initiatives will be considerate of WCAG 2.0, Level A
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. will take the following steps to make all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 2, 2021:
- Ensure that new content and initiatives will be considerate of WCAG 2.0, Level AA.
3. Employment Standards
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps by January 1, 2016 to notify the public and staff that, when requested, Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes, and when people are hired:
- Let job applicants know that we will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and selection process
- If a job applicant requests accommodation, consult with them and make adjustments that best suit their needs.
We will take the following step to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account if Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes:
- Review our performance management practices by January 1, 2016, and update as required to ensure content is included that accounts for accessibility needs of employees with disabilities.
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. will take the following step to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability:
- Update Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. SOP HS-026: Return to Work Program, accordingly, by January 1, 2016.
4. Design of Public Spaces
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. will take the following step to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified:
- Review the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act regulations and standards on a regular basis to ensure that we are compliant.
Through to 2021, Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. will work with the building owner to ensure that the requirements of the Integrated Accessibility Standards are met.
Review and Modifications to This Plan
Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. is committed to developing AODA policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. The Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed on a regular basis, and modified as required.