|Here is just a snapshot of how we’re conducting business responsibly in the countries and communities where we live and work.
Mary Kay Inc. was one of the first companies to enact a comprehensive corporate recycling program and one of the first companies to ban product testing on laboratory animals. Here are just a few of our achievements:
- Mary Kay Inc. established an extensive recycling program in 1989 that includes product line packaging. Mary Kay’s achievements in environmental protection have resulted in numerous awards and honours.
- Mary Kay does not support animal testing. Mary Kay is committed to the elimination of animal testing and is a strong advocate of utilizing alternative methods to substantiate the safety of our ingredients and products. We do not conduct animal testing on our products or ingredients, nor do we ask others to do so on our behalf, except when absolutely required by law. For more than two decades, we have been a global leader in helping to develop alternative testing methods for product safety. This commitment continues today, in partnership with global regulatory agencies that manage cosmetic safety, with animal advocacy groups and with leading animal alternative researchers in an effort to gain global acceptance of these new approaches. Read More >>
- In 1995, Mary Kay became the first cosmetics manufacturer to be awarded the Star Work Site designation in OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) for its excellent safety record, safety programs and employee involvement. In 1998 and 2003, Mary Kay Inc. was again recognized for its exemplary safety program and awarded recertification as a Star Work Site.
- In 2005 Mary Kay Inc. gave a $1 million endowment to support dermatology research at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas to help stimulate ground-breaking research and help further advancements in the field of dermatology.
- In Canada, Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. is an active member of the Canadian Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association (CCTFA) and meets or exceeds all Health Canada requirements to ensure the safety of our cosmetic products and the health of our consumers. To learn more about the CCTFA, visit their web site: www.cctfa.ca.
- Mary Kay Cosmetics Ltd. has been a member of the Canadian Direct Selling Association (DSA) since 1976. The DSA is devoted to preserving the integrity of the direct-selling industry in Canada and works on behalf of member companies and their independent sales consultants to address important issues, educate the public on the benefits of direct selling and enforce the high standards established in the DSA Codes. To learn more about the Canadian DSA, visit their web site: www.dsa.ca.
Our Product Promise
Our commitment is to consistently meet or exceed our consumers’ expectations. Discover the details about how Mary Kay works around the world to keep that promise.
Dermatologists and other medical experts play a vital role in product development. Mary Kay Inc. has developed alliances around the world with leading dermatologists and ophthalmologists in academic medicine and private practice, and these specialists serve as key advisers to our research scientists. As a sign of Mary Kay Inc.’s strong commitment to these relationships, the Company has funded an endowed Chair of Dermatology at one of the most respected medical research institutions, the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. In addition, we offer ongoing support to other renowned institutions, including the:
- American Academy of Dermatology
- University of Texas Southwestern Dermatology Department
- Skin Cancer Foundation
- Dermatology Foundation
- Dermatology Nurses Association
- Society for Investigative Dermatology
- American Contact Dermatitis Society
- Women’s Dermatologic Society